United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
So I just took delivery of an X7 40i and I am looking to do a little coding. I have been lurking over here since the G05 and G07 are essentially identical from a coding perspective and the G05 coding scene is a bit larger....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikli View Post
The M live cockpit is pretty cool but it doesn’t display the drive mode or change to blue eco or sport displays anymore. It is a nice change for M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofytek View Post
I tried it and liked it too, but i lose the sport tach in the HUD. And not showing the modes is kinda a drag. Maybe missing another toggle to enable more info?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
M cars don't have sport mode, sport+ or eco mode so stands to reason the M display won't have these settings visible on the tach.
Regarding the M display, has anyone dug a bit deeper to see why the Drive Mode is no longer displayed? M cars DO come with different drive modes, including ECO modes (much to the dismay of driver enthusiast "purists"). My F80 M3 has them and while I have not seen the cockpit of one of the new G-series M cars in person yet to verify, I would be shocked if the new G-series M cars don't have them as BMW wants to cater to a wide base of customers for their M-cars. But back to the M display coding discussion....

I coded this using BimmerCode. After coding, when I changed the different Drive Modes, it was clear that there was "something" happening in the cluster, as the screen changed very slightly when changing drive modes. For example, the triangle that indicates the car's position on the map in the center of the cluster changed to blue when in ECO mode. There were other very subtle differences on the display when changing different Drive Modes as well.

This leads me to believe the cluster module (DKOMBI) is "looking" for additional data in order to display the different Driver Modes. Therefore, it is possible that there are other parameters (either in the cluster module or another module) that need to be changed in order for the Drive Mode to display properly in the M display. Of course, if additional parameters are found to turn on Drive Mode in the M display, it could be different than the non-M display. For example, instead of the words for each Drive Mode, the background color of the M display could change based on the different Drive Mode selected. Right now I would be happy with some type of very noticeable display change for the different modes (the navigation triangle I mentioned above is a bit to subtle for me).

So any thoughts from the more experienced G-series coders?

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0