Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklipse View Post
Hi guys/girls

I have a similar issue with my X5 G05 45e
the little button on the steering column is working fine, I can set the steering wheel where I want. BUT when it comes to keep it in memory, it now fails.
If I enter the car, the steering wheel goes up & retract. fine, perfect
but then after I "start", it does not come back 90%, 5% in a mid position, 5% in correct position.
I also noticed it does not remember that I preset "electric only" as default mode
and also when I close the car, the ext. mirrors don't flip anymore, unless I keep pressing the close button (while the setting is set to flip them when I close the car, of course)

I already executed an iDrive reboot (pressed 30' volume button)
no change at all.

any idea ?
I had the same issue with the steering wheel memory on Monday. Manually everything worked but it didn't get to the programmed position after startup. It also started in hybrid instead of my default electric individual. But that has happened before.

I the mirrors did fold normally

I did a Idrive reset and drove 20 km electric and when returning home it was solved. This also solved the issue not remembering my home adres.

I have been driving electric only for 4 weeks. It might be an issue with low power on the 12V battery as suggested. I don't know if the 20 km drive or the reset solved it. I don't know if the HV battery charges the 12V or if this is done by a separate charger while driving.

I had a different issue with my former f15 30d. Steering wheel wouldn't not come in and out automatically and also the button did not react. Up and down still worked. Steering wheel column had to be replaced.

Seems like two different problems. A memory problem in the first case and a steering wheel problem in the second.
Appreciate 0