View Single Post
      06-04-2020, 08:45 AM   #79
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
I spec'd and purchased a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon brand new back in October. With some clever negotiating, I walked out with taxes included deeply below MSRP (this was well before all the incentives that are currently going on, but a better deal than currently regardess). Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, we decided to let the truck go at my remorse. Definitely loved the truck, but there were a few safety issues that, despite their sincere efforts, the dealer just could not resolve. Toss into the mix our first child on the way, and the truck (even without its additional problems) was quickly becoming a safety nightmare. Figured we'd give CarMax a shot at buying it. Turns out owning the truck for ~8 months and nearly 9k miles only cost me about $2.5k (excluding taxes, but we "traded" it in on the vehicle below and "negated" the taxes on it).

Bottom line, we got a higher price from CarMax than we could have gotten selling it privately PLUS we got the tax break by trading it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Interesting... they agreed to buy my vette for what I think is a decent price. I was just playing with the idea so I haven't really gotten any quotes from anywhere else.

Personally I don't find prices right now to be all that great. Honestly I think if anything they may be slighter higher and less selection.

Has anyone also had issues getting a car loan. I have not had to apply for a car loan in a while, but with low rates and shit the way it is I'd rather hoard my cash. However last time I applied for a loan you just picked some banks and applied for a fucking loan. Now it seems every bank I try to apply with wants me to use their buyings service, making me buy cars from their dealers... WTF gimme a loan and fuck off with that shit!!!!
I just bought a low mile Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 for my wife with Bank of America. Best rates I could find (much less than credit unions even) with tier 1 credit. Real simple process with a lower rate than I got on my brand new Rubicon just eight months prior ( ).

Best news is that with the money saved, I've been given the green light to buy an M3/4/5
Appreciate 2