View Single Post
      06-24-2018, 03:24 PM   #79
Tlon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
Funny how different people's perspectives are. I had two E70 X5M's and loved them. The F15 did absolutely nothing for me - it was a bland improvement with major minivan-esque proportions. Major letdown compared to the E70. For our SUV stable, we went to the RRS instead of the F15 X5... just couldn't do it.
Exactly my thoughts. I had an E70 LCI that I adored. I still stop when I see them on the road and wonder if that's a new X5. I've had a F15 for four years and while it drives better and the tech is better than the E70, it always disappoints from the outside, especially the back end from the side. Bloated. Still on the fence about the G05. The real life shots in this thread are a lot more similar in bulk to the F15 than the configurator and other online shots I've been pouring over. Maybe it's just black, but BMW really blew it with the F15 in black and I'd hoped they'd fix that with the G05.

How does the RRS compare in terms of driving? I always pause at that second behind, soon to be 2 seconds behind the G05, unless you get the supercharged engine. And it's so tall, I've wondered how it would handle compared to the X5.
Appreciate 0