View Single Post
      06-17-2016, 07:56 PM   #47
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
The refs have cheated one game and it was quite obvious - 15 free throws in the first quarter.

Posting a quote from another forum regarding refs cheating...

"Do you ever stop and think how stupid what you are suggesting is? If you say that the refs can change the outcome of a game so much that one team wins by 15 or 20 points (the team that would have lost, according to you, if there had been no conspiracy), why wouldn't every series, or at least every finals series, go seven games? Why did Lebron get swept by he Spurs in the finals? Why did he beat OKC in 5? Is your theory that they pick and choose which series they want to extend? Sometimes they want to make extra money, and sometimes they don't? Help me understand what seems to be utter madness"

I do agree with your consistency thing though. Although refs being inconsistent is nothing new and the players need to adapt from game to game.
based on that logic, i guess you never cheated before. Usually people that cheat, do not cheat in a manner where their decisions would be noticed. they fly right underneath the radar, and very seldom is it just smack you in the face obvious. I did not say outcome of the game is all on the refs, but If you have ever refd a sport, it's pretty easy to make a few questionable calls that would cause the other team to stop giving a fuck. There comes a point, the ref has mentally taken them out of the game with his terrible calls, and that is another indirect correlation to the affects of cheating people miss.

Again I do not know if the refs are currently cheating, and even if their terrible decisions are changing the outcome of the games, but they suck at being consistent, which is a necessity of being a good ref.