View Single Post
      10-14-2019, 09:16 PM   #63
THinthedesert
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by baca8302 View Post
My 2019 X5 has been updated to .55 as of Tuesday this week from .35. Related to iPod integration issues, I thought I would post an update for those that still use this method for music playback. I have the following setup:

-iPod Touch 7th Generation - 256GB - connected via standard lighting cable using a USB-C adapter in the center console.
-iOS 13.1
-Bowers & Wilkins system
-Most of my music is encoded in ALAC, but some is MP3/AAC/etc

When I purchased the car in December, my old iPod Classic experienced the common issues of random shuffling or songs randomly being set to repeat. The update to .35 resolved the repeat issues, but the random shuffling still occurred every 4 or 5 starts (of the car).

The new update seems to have resolved the remaining issue of the random shuffle. I am yet to experience this over the last 4 days, and I have been in and out of the car multiple times per day. The only annoying behavior I have seen is that every 4 or 5 times the iPod is paused, and I have to click on the song on the iDrive to resume the song, but it has always resumed correctly.

Overall, I am happy and the issues seems resolved. If I start to experience any random behavior, I will post an update.
I just got my M50i with .55 software and have issues using my iPod Nano. The car will not recognize it as even being connected until I unplug it, then plug it in again into the USC-C in the console and then works fine until I shut the car off, the I go through it all again. It worked fine in my last two cars, so I know it works.

As a result I've been listening to my music via bluetooth on my iPhone 6, but there's issue with it not recognizing all the the songs on the different playlists; which as I understand it, may be an Apple problem and not a BMW issue. One of the playlists is all there and one, even though it shows it exists, has no songs on it according the car, but they're in fact all there.

Edit: I just resolved the issue with the playlists on the phone by syncing my phone via a cable to my iTunes in my Mac, now they all show up on the car.

Any comments or suggestions to resolving either of these issues are appreciated.

Last edited by THinthedesert; 10-14-2019 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 0