View Single Post
      09-21-2023, 12:01 PM   #1
MC113
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 BMW X5 M60i

'24 M60i "Urgent Battery Check Up" Warning Message, Engine Rattling Noises?

Wanted to see if anyone has experienced something similar - the car is a 2024 M60i with ~ 1,500 miles and I've had it two months.

Shortly after beginning to drive, I received the fault message "Power Supply - You can continue driving. Roadside Assistance not required. Have the problem checked by the nearest service center."

The fault reappeared after turning the car off, locking it and then coming back and restarting it a few minutes later. The fault message remained on for the entire drive as well as the following day.

When checking the MyBMW app, the message stated:

"Urgent Battery Check Up

The battery connection of your vehicle is malfunctioning. It is possible to continue driving."

I dropped the car off for service yesterday and the Advisor is saying today that they see the warning illuminated, but when they test the vehicle it isn't present. There weren't any low voltage warnings or faults either and they believe it was just a software glitch. Anyone have experience with this?

Unrelated (at least I think it is), does anyone else have an engine-speed dependent clicking noise audible when they have their windows down? It sort of reminds me of a bicycle spoke sports card type sound? This is separate from the loud rattling noise at idle which is apparently just part of how the S68 engine sounds (you can kind of hear the rattling here during the first 8 seconds or so). The service center said the tech who drove it thinks it's the secondary air pump and that it is also normal. I haven't encountered enough other M60is out and about to try to listen to their cars and there aren't many videos on YouTube to go off of.

Anyway - just wanted to check with this community before rushing to pick the car up! Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0