Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckybadger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I don't think DHP effects the turning radius. Are you maybe referring to IAS (Integral Active Steering)?
Yes. But DHP consists of Integral Active Steering, Adaptive M Suspension Pro, & Active Roll Stabilization
Prior to MY21, 2VR 2-axle air suspension with IAS was available on 40i.

Technically IAS is the technology that reduces turning radius at low speeds and provides stability at higher speeds.

Other DHP components don't contribute to turning radius.

Since this is an international forum, features and packages differ by markets and model years.

When referring to BMW features or technology that provides a specific benefit, it's correct to point out the specific or combination of features/technology and NOT the entire package because technically that isn't contextually correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckybadger View Post
DHP is a must. The turning radius is amazing and so is the handling going in the curves
I do agree with you that IAS is a great option on a large SAV. How you're able to option IAS whether with or without DHP is dependent on market.

I concur that IAS makes maneuvering the X5 at low speeds is beneficial and the combo of Adaptive M Pro + ARS + IAS + 2T4 makes carving curves a joy.

But I could say the same with my 40i optioned with 2VR and IAS

Appreciate 1