smovva
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
So what did you get at Starbucks?

Our cars are very interconnected and many features depend on common parts so when a common part fails, it can disable a slew of features and each one is capable of lighting up on your dash. At first you freak, thinking you have multiple failures but here is a recent example I had on my X3.

All the dash lights were caused by the same issue - two defective ABS Wheel Speed Sensors. Once I replaced them, all the lights disappeared and the car was back to normal. Not sure why the airbag light lit (passenger seat detector) up but that too disappeared.

The ABS braking system relies on the wheel speed in order to work. My cruise control didn't work either even though no dash light represented it but that too needs to know what the wheel speeds are, my power steering was severely diminished and it was like driving a car with manual steering and it even reduced throttle and engine power in an effort to prevent further issues, sorta like it went into self preservation mode A.K.A. Limp Home mode.

When I read the codes that were stored in the puter, there were more than a dozen and they all cleared once I replaced the two wheel speed sensors.

Must have been that darned Nitro Cold Brew coffee!! The B58 engine could not handle it!!
Appreciate 0