View Single Post
      03-04-2024, 03:29 PM   #72
gofast182
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by radmjk View Post
We are on the search for a new vehicle for my wife. I drive an a MY24 X5 M60i my second X5 in recent years. My wife drives a MY20 RRS SE, her third RRS since 2016. Our 2019 RRS was totaled in an accident. We credit the RRS with our safety, no significant injuries (amongst the five members of our family).

It is a difficult decision because she does like the X5 too and I am confident we can get 4% off MSRP plus an additional $4000 off using financing with NFCU and another $1000 off with BMW CCA. So a loaded X5 40i with an MSRP of approximately $85,000 ends up around $77k. Plus free maintenance with BMW for three years! The unfortunate thing about the 40i and probably the only reason we won’t go this route is the lack of the ability to option air suspension and m-sport package. With standard suspension the vehicle is a bit high for my wife and her legs always hit/rub when exiting the vehicle.

We have very limited time to make the decision on the RRS as the window closes on the ability to spec it the way we want.

We will see….
I understand it's hard to separate yourself from an objective data point but I do not believe there is any daylight whatsoever between the safety of a RRS and a X5. Over the years we've seen some horrific wrecks of X5s where the passengers walked away unharmed.

You can't get the 40i with M-Sport or air suspension anymore? I confess its been years since I spec'd one but that doesn't sound right?
Appreciate 0