02-18-2020, 10:07 PM   #52
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Not to condone the activity of the race car driver wanna be's. But I would venture to say most of this activity would disappear if the idiots and entitled aholes get the heck out of the left lane. Casey Putsch did a couple of Youtube videos on this very topic. One of them he had a cop ride along with him making comments about how bad drivers are with respecting the left lane.

Just because you're driving the speed limit, doesn't entitle you to drive that way on the passing lane. These people are contributing to the problem and in many ways are being passive aggressive; essentially road raging too.

And a point that was brought up in one of Casey's videos was the affect the lack of lane discipline has on public safety in general. There have been many times emergency vehicles have had a hard time getting through clogged highways because some idiot is marking their territory by camping in the left lane while a whole train of cars are trying to get around this moron. Now imagine an emergency vehicle coming up on this mess. I know. I've experienced this issue first hand as a driver of the meat wagon for my station.
Totally agree. The idiot plodding along at or below the speed limit in the left lane is just as dangerous as the idiot zipping in and out of traffic. I can't tell you how many times I've seen some moron merge onto the highway on the right and continue directly across to the left lane even though there was no reason to be in the left lane. Lane discipline is non-existent in the US. And the left lane hog laws in IL are a total joke.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 4
zx10guy5139.00
Salty Dog3572.50
JasonCSU699.00
MKSixer34171.50