pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
It begins a lot earlier than that. I'm astonished by the number of "parents" which just zone out at various kids places such as playgrounds at restaurants and indoor playgrounds. Every time I go to these places with my daughter I see most parents with their attention else where. Many of them with their beaks buried into their smart phones. Totally oblivious to the bad behavior being exhibited by their kids towards other kids.

I remember one indoor playground where one of the parents complimented me on the manners of my daughter. That's because I'm watching her and on her immediately when she gets out of line. Meanwhile I witness time and time again where the absentee parent's kids are out of control. Knocking kids over, being overly aggressive with getting on certain play equipment, and being physically abusive. I almost lost my $hit with this boy today when he started to physically hit my daughter. Thankfully, the parents jumped on him quickly. So I calmed down. That's not always the case.
Yup, I've seen the same thing. It's a combination of self-absorbed parents, and a couple of decades' worth of shitty "pop psychology" parenting self-help books that claimed that you can't ever correct a child in any way because doing so will forever extinguish the fragile flame of their soul. And that any physical punishment is abuse. Children parented this way end up as unsocialized monsters.

Salty Dog3572.50
MKSixer34171.50
JasonCSU699.00