View Single Post
      07-01-2005, 09:17 PM   #2
tima
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i ZSP/TiAg/Blk

Ok all done ... guess I'm talkin' to myself here . Doesn't take much - a very thin coat seemed to work fine. Turns out that 1/2 vial, (approx. 1oz) of Z2+ZFX (4 drops) does an entire E90 with just barely enough left over to do the 162 wheels. I did two coats to start, each in their own mix. It came off very easily - easier than carnauba. Followed the first coat with the Z6, and the second with the Z8. Barely open the sprayers on the Z6/8 to get a fine mist.

Then a nice little drive on some winding back roads through farm country. Back in the garage the few bugs that were picked up practically slid off with just a glance of a cotton towel.

So.... on first trial it looks like this Zaino stuff is A-OK. Can't say its shinier than Zymol but certainly not less, is shinier than Blitz, and hopefully lasts longer than either. Two things I *really* liked: a) no chalky mess on rubber, and b) Zaino did a great job on the plastic(?) head and tail lights!

I'll add one more coat tommorrow, Sonax the rubber, Vinylx the interior, Griot the tires, and Scotchgard the carpets. Whew!

Y'all have a good 4th of July!
Appreciate 0