View Single Post
      02-15-2019, 10:22 AM   #2
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
So, this issue pops on somewhat regularly on nearly all automotive forums. Some points to ponder:

1) Some of the issues are probably accurate and the dealership is being slimy.
2) Some of the issues are probably exaggerated and the customer is the one who was being slimy.
3) There is no excuse to continue to go to a dealership that keeps giving poor service.
4) Writing to BMW NA will probably not do anything. The dealer is independently owned and it would take an enormous amount of letters from many people to get them to say anything to the dealer - or if they do say anything right away, that one problem will probably be resolved but it won't fix the 'culture' at a bad dealership.
5) Cars are just mechanical devices. There are plenty more. I really like my BMW, but if there was no dealer to service it, I would just buy something comparable.

Bottom line is that stuff like this isn't really worth loosing sleep over or making your life stressful over. If you really have issues with a local dealership, either start going to another one, use an independent, or buy another brand. With a few exceptions, if you are out of warranty, nearly any other shop can do basic maintenance and repairs. It doesn't have to be BMW, unless it is a very particular problem.
tuco44644.00