02-15-2019, 05:22 PM   #15
BMR_CK
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
For poor experiences, giving them bad online reviews on yelp, google, facebook, etc will usually do the trick.

Bad dealers are everywhere for all brands, since they are independently owned. I have experience with the local Mercedes and BMW dealerships which have been great, and they happen to be owned by the same people. The local Jeep dealer is ridiculously incompetent, but the one 20 miles further away is pretty good. It really depends on the dealership itself.

A lot depends on how you treat them as well. I've had dealers screw up before a couple times, but I always approach them with a level head and calmly explain the issue and ask them to resolve it reasonably. That has worked 100% of the time so far. If you go in there and call them all morons it won't get you anywhere. I also let them know that I understand cars and how they work (without being arrogant) and comment to them when I appreciate their quick turn around or a job well done. Having mutual respect with your service adviser and the technicians working on your car goes a long way.
Totally agree with this. No matter how much we may not like it they still have the power to make our experience(s) more unpleasant if they are pissed at us. A well articulated argument in favor of your position goes a long way to getting what you need. It always seems to work for me, and man have I had to work hard at staying calm sometimes!
Appreciate 0