View Single Post
      08-01-2020, 08:10 AM   #82
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I think people are going to be in for a rude awakening. Businesses are going to evaluate their work force and see that many of the people they had on the payroll are no longer necessary. Not to mention seeing how they can squeeze more productivity out of fewer staffing. Then there's the impact on physical offices. Twitter has already announced they're going to a 100% remote model now. Going into a physical office is going to be optional. There's going to be a trickle down effect from that decision. A glut of office space as leases expire or get broken. The staffing that would run said office building...property managers, cleaners, trades, etc.

This whole push to go remote has accelerated many business' timelines to move to the cloud. More colo/data center space glut. Decrease in staffing that was needed to run said on prem data center.

If people think this whole economic crisis is only going to affect a small segment of the population, in my opinion, you have your head buried in the sand.
Appreciate 0