View Single Post
      01-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
AVIMAX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: last BMW was 2014 535xd

My 2 cents:

1. Heated seats are a must have. Ventilated is nice, but I wouldn't pay extra just for the ventilation feature. Multi-contour seats however are very nice and if it is an option for multi-contour with ventilation, then I would definitely consider it. I am not familiar with the US options list, the cars in Canada are configured differently, less individual options, mostly packages.

2. Side/Top-view cameras, a cool gadget, but I never use it, however I do use the back-up camera all the time. I find the back-up camera more useful than the top-view. Definitely get the back-up camera. If the other cameras come along with the back-up camera then get them all, but if you have a choice, the back-up is the most useful.

3. Active Cruise Control - I can't get it in Canada on the 535 (option on the 550 only), but if I could I would have. I have driven a 750i a few times on long trips with this and it is truly awesome, especially together with the HUD. You will never want normal cruise control again after one long trip with this option. I say if you can afford it, get it.

4. Smartphone integration - I'm not sure what this is. Is it the part in the armrest that you snap your phone into? Be aware that it will take up almost the entire storage area of the armrest. My car does not have it, but I do have the COMBOX feature (I think that's what it is) that allows me to check e-mails on the i-drive screen and it is a cool feature, standard in Canada, not an option.

5. No comment on colour except that Dark Graphite will probably be a lot more common.

6. Wood colour - again a personal choice, light wood will hide surface scratches better which are unavoidable over time, but for me the dark wood is nicer to look at.

7. 6NR - not sure what it is.
Appreciate 0