motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Actually, no it doesn't. I haven't found anything to remove it, but glass polishing products do, although with some effort. One product that mitigates the effects (which seem to consist of a sort of internal frosty appearance in low-angle lighting and loss of clarity) - and someone mentioned it before - is Esoteric Car Care's POLISHANGEL Diver Glass Cleaner. Expensive product, but you only need a small amount, and it does polish and seal the glass so that the clarity is improved. Again I'm not seeing a significant advantage in coating the glass with ceramic, and several disadvantages. A number of aftermarket products "protect" the glass, and aren't nearly so difficult to get rid of, and glass itself is pretty durable, particularly tempered glass.
Thanks, definitely was a mistake from my side to let the guy convince me to do the ceramic coat on the front windshield on my wife's car .
I have been using Rain-X for over 30 years and works as they say, they also have a glass cleaner (with some RainX on the formula), and a great product called Shower door Xtreme Clean polish (https://www.rainx.com/product/for-th.../#.Xc7Y2leeTcs)