View Single Post
      03-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #44
jeffkukuruda
Private
Rep
Drives: M5, M3, X5D

I can tell you from experience the Ring can be a very expensive venture! I have been to Germany many times, but in the summer of 2016 I finally planned a trip focusing on getting there, along with first watching the Belgian Grand Prix, followed two days at the Ring and then a few days in Stuttgart for Summer Wine Fest.
I have an e39 M5 and rented an E92 M3 from RSR (having owned many BMW's and wanting to drive something similar power wise to what I owned), the instructor was great and the experience and laps are truly a lifelong memory. The reason my trip was SO expensive is because I fell in love with the E9X M3 and bought one shortly after getting back from the trip. It's very similar to the car I rented there. The rental was an alpine white E92, speed cloth, DCT. I ended up buying an e90 alpine white, slicktop, speed cloth, DCT. If you have the means to go there and do it right, you will not regret it! The place is magical. You can sense how special the place is and all the history is amazing compared to newer race tracks.

Cheers,
Jeff
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10511.00
M5Rick58897.50