Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
335 Driver Test Drives a S5... quick review

interior is very nice, seats are amazing, controls, the back up camera and all the gadgets are insane, BMW should be ashamed of themselves and should fire those who are working on iDrive IMO. This is the 3rd car i been in with navi and gadgets that are waaaay superior

the seats are like race bucket seats, yet they seem very classy, luxurious and very comfortable.

The car looks better in person than in pictures. the stance is very nice. Wide car, low, just looks mean. I loved it.

I get behind the wheels, i start drooling as soon as i see the clutch. I had to deal with the weirdass e-brake release (you have to hold the button WHILE moving the car forward to release!!! WTF is that about... in a manual car i need to have my hands somewhere else not worry about more buttons to hold while i take off)

Steering: very light, reminded me of corolla kinda light. Extremely light that it wobbles. Steering response is just not anywhere near 335 (which i consider to be very wobbly too, after driving go-kart Z4M)

I take off, nice clutch feel, very comparable to 335's. Shifter knob is ridiculously big. I mean the whole setup is very close and cosy for the driver, shifter is exactly at my hand. the throw is not as bad as 335, but not the shortest either, kinda reminded me of G35's, kind of.

Revving is nice in that car. That V8 sounds sick, but maybe not as sick as RS4 that we saw after

every time i put into 3rd gear it grinds for some reason
i havent grinded (ground) a gear in ages and this does it on test drive. whatever, waiting for service pack I i guess

the most interesting part POWER!!!! or let me say powerLESS. yes, i did have 2 fatass peoples with me, but dude this car has no pull at all. No torque, no HP apparent. it was really boring.

We get thru some twisties. I get excited, going in 3rd gear i am taking those twisties like i drive my 335. Man that car was getting out of control, i had to let go of gas to get it back. it's just not controllable. Hanlding SUCKS, the first audi that i drive and i think handling sucks. Steering was only getting lighter at this point too.

What's FUCKED up about the car, is when i depress the clutch i feel this HARD pull backwards. It is as if you are braking, im like WTF is that about???

S5 is definitely no go for me. no go.

A+ on exterior
A+ on interior
A on gadgets/electronics, etc
B maybe on power/performance
C on handling feel
D- on transmission

i'd take proceded 335 over S5. I do not think I can live with a slower car than mine.
Appreciate 0