Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Its the TomTom Nav iOS app so is displayed full screen on the centre console via CarPlay.
It's the only native CarPlay app that will run at the same time as idrive NAV. All others including Apple and Google Maps stop idrive NAV working once a route is planned in them.
have you tried Waze? do you have that in your area? Wonder if that would work as well.
It works in car play but it takes over navigation. So no more navigating in Idrive.

It also takes over the phone. If I am using Waze on my iPhone it is quite easy to see alternative routes. But when connected with CP it is not possible anymore in the phone and it is to difficult (haven't found it) while driving with the touch screen.

On holiday when my wife is driving I sometimes look for traffic and alternative roads in google maps. This is not possible anymore when my phone is connected to CP. if I open google maps or Waze it immediately takes over navigation and navigation in idrive is cancelled. I didn't want it to do that I only wanted to see if idrive showed the best route. The solution is doing it on her phone.

I don't know which is better in avoiding traffic Tom Tom or Waze. Waze helped me a lot. Idrive is not so bad either but is much later in suggesting an alternative route.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10816.50