10-02-2020, 01:10 PM   #14
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
@Ifr. Is it possible to switch from Tom Tom to idrive navigation by pressing the maps button above the idrive controller?

I need Idrive navigation for hybrid driving and I actually prefer it for longer trips and HUD functionality.

However for short drives and to avoiding traffic jams others are better. I have Waze but if I activate Waze pushing the map button goes to Waze and not to idrive. I also have Tom Tom but I don't use it a lot. Do you have any experience with Waze?
I dont like waze so rarely use it. I sometimes just have it running but not navigating as it presents notifications about police etc.

If CP nav is running then it becomes the defacto. You have to start TT then start idrive to get them cohabiting. To move from TT to idrive nav I press the home/menu button then nav, although its rare I use idrive nav mainscreen when idrive nav is already in HUD.

TT routing is VASTLY superior to idrive NAV in the UK. I know TT provide the traffic data and mapping for BMW but the routing algorithms are worlds apart, so I always have TT front of house.
Appreciate 0