Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Out of curiosity and to know how you manage this : Don't you get conflicting info in the HUD and central screen? I presume you follow the instructions given by TT. But then what is the point of having Idrive showing info on the HUD.
Yes and TT gets priority, but most of the time they agree on the route. The only reason I use idrive nav is to integrate with the semi-autonomous driving as it works better when nav is engaged.

The other scenario is when the passengers are watching plex or youtube, then having the HUD navigation can be useful, plus the car will wiggle the wheel to remind me when to come off at an exit, even though I cant see the nav screen.
Thanks for your tip ifr. I tried it today and it worked indeed like you said (of course) and this is quite valuable for 45e owners. For the 45e it is also better to plan the trip in i drive even if you know it because it can plan optimal electric driving.

Like this I have Tom Tom navigation and speed camera notifications on the big screen with Tom Tom and the idrive instructions in the HUD and between the meters.

Hybrid driving is optimized by navigating the trip in idrive.

TT and idrive agreed on most instructions and routes. So functionally it is almost like have TT in the HUD.

The Tom Tom navigation screen reacts quicker than Waze and is nicer to navigate. For route planning and avoiding traffic jams I still have to test which one is better.

If other 45e drivers like to try:

I enter my destination and send it to idrive with the CD app (I alway do it like this) and do the same in the Tom Tom app (like this it is in last destinations an much easier to enter in the car).

Open TT in CP, enter the navigation and start navigating. Then go back to Idrive navigation and start navigating to the same destination. It takes over and shows instructions in the HUD. If you now chose CP again it will show TT navigation but idrive will still show instruction in the HUD. Sound more difficult than it is.
Appreciate 1
ifr1198.00