View Single Post
      05-15-2020, 10:00 AM   #9
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan-M View Post
Yes, I called the plant yesterday with my production number, and they stated "they only have the day shift working." On May 26 they will start both shifts night and day.

I check my status on MyBMW.com and my Car is schedule for production in June. I was told expect 2 months after production start, so I can expect the car around Late Aug or early Sept. He also, stated they will start with all 2020 build first, and after Aug will be a 2021 build. I asked are there any changes in the two models he said yes, small cosmetic. I asked what are they, he said I don't have my list.

Interesting. I would really like to know exactly what “small cosmetic” changes are planned for 2021. It also sounds like the timing of the model year transition to 2021 isn’t all that delayed from COVID, if at all.

I just exchanged some emails with my SA today apparently my production week now sits at week 24. He said BMW bounced around the production weeks several times recently. Until production on my car actually starts, I don’t have any confidence in the timing.
Appreciate 0