BimmerVinyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB316 View Post
It would appear my 50i (not M50i) does not have a charcoal filter, just regular OEM filter (see attached photo). Perhaps this is different from the M50i. I did a charcoal filter delete on my F80 back in the day and could feel the ever so slight difference.

The question remains, I wonder if the KN filters for the M550 would fit my air boxes if they didn't fit the M50s? Might give it a shot.

This just highlights the pretty vast difference between the N63R and B. The latest iteration of the N63 in the M50 is designed more like the S63 with the air boxes
Interesting. The dimensions look really close to the M550i filters. Might be worth asking Nine to measure to dimension of the angle and thin top to verify?
I was thinking the same thing, they do look very similar. Hopefully 914 could throw some dimensions my way. That top part looks wider then the M50s and more In line with the M550s. I'd be shocked if it were any different then the M550s to be honest.

ARM Motorsports has a front mounted cold air intake kit for the N63TU for $500. I'm giving that some deep consideration but not sure if it would be compatible with the latest generation of the N63TU3 in your guys M50s.

Just have to weight the pros and cons. I doubt I'd get any performance gains, if not a slight performance loss. But the turbo sounds would be cool!
Appreciate 0