View Single Post
      05-22-2020, 06:14 AM   #3
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by russelldav View Post
Glad you posted this I have also experienced the exact same behaviour. I thought it was a CarPlay bug since I got a software update on the vehicle but tonight I was out driving and it suddenly dawned in me this only started after I signed in to the embedded iDrive Spotify app.

I find songs that start playing on CarPlay suddenly stop and then the only way I can get anything to play again is by rebooting iDrive. Pressing play does nothing nor does skip it does load the album art etc but no sound can be heard.

I was going to try signing out of the iDrive app and see if that fixes it.
My issue seems to be occurring if I've been listening to Spotify on my phone before getting in the car. The iOS app wants to resume playing when the phone connects to Bluetooth. So carplay automatically kicks in. Once that happens the iDrive app will always kick you back to car play and no audio will output eventhough the track is playing. To fix it I just go back to FM radio. However if I want to go back to Spotify I have to do it through car play and not the built in app. Going back to the built in app repeats the issue. I don't remember this being an issue before so I wonder if a recent Spotify update is the culprit.
Appreciate 0