View Single Post
      05-22-2020, 08:59 AM   #52
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 2020 Alfa 4C

The plot gets thicker lol.

Either way.... I'm glad I removed them, and I'm glad some other folks are motivated to do the same. I haven't even driven my car yet. Yesterday, I did the whole intake thing.... and then in the afternoon, I did it's first oil change with a writeup on the maintenance sub-forum.

I'm not sure if I'll notice a difference or not.... but I'm pretty sure it has to be worth at least a few hp. Probably only at the high Rpm range though, in which case it will be undetectable by the "butt-dyno"

I'm not going to do anything with the emissions system..... yet. Eventually, I'll be bringing this car with me when I rotate back to the US, and I'm unsure where I'll end up, what the state laws will be, what the inspection requirements will be, or even what the US re-importation requirements will be. Too much of a risk to mess with that stuff now.

Looking at that exhaust though.... I definitely do NOT have those on my car. I was just under it yesterday when I was changing my oil, and I was eyeballing the resonator for possible delete. I would have noticed those.

As soon as I (hopefully) make my way to TX or FL..... downpipes, and maybe even a turbo upgrade if anything is available by then.

Last edited by Ninefourteener; 05-22-2020 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 0