04-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #15
blindmule
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 335i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucamatblu41 View Post
I presently use the white Apple lead to charge my phone in the E90, however, it doesn't track list or Genius play from my phone, purely charge up, Bluetooth sorts out my phone calls.
Have just ordered the F30 320i with Pro Nav but wondered if the cradle comes with this package or do I need to order it specifically, looking at the forums suggests I still need to purchase a 4S cradle (Ebay £80.00) can someone who has the F30 with Nav confirm whether I need to purchase this. Thanks
I have an F30 with nav,assist, apps. I have a cradle, and have not tried the cable. But you NEED to buy the cradle as it is specific to your iphone, 3GS or 4GS etc.

Yes it's a pain to buy, but the phone clips in nicely and quickly. Also the release is quick and well designed, so the phone releases with a snap and can be done with one hand.

Also I can't say for sure but the sound should improve as you likely have less data compression by not using the USB and Aux jacks. For Web radio some are broadcast in high bandwidth. It still takes me about 10 seconds of buffering for these stations but the sound is great. Sound form the phone with the newer large size audio files from Itunes REALLY REALLY good. Good bass, definition, soundstaging all that. I have played with many of the HK settings, but truly default is good. HK has already put in alot of bass for the surround tuning. Just keep it on default. If you go rear bias for the speakers you may want to boost the treble a bit as your dampening the front tweaters. If you do that go into the equalizer.

Anyhoo....I like the cradle.
Appreciate 0