bling_singh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar View Post
So ...... is it any good? It gets great reviews but what's your view?

finished it once on normal difficulty, about to begin again on extreme difficulty. without a doubt the best game i've ever played. a different sort of intensity than call of duty 4. better than God of War 2. this game completely rubs out the line between movie and video game.

the only lowpoint in this game is the AI could've used a bit more work, but even then it's much more improved over the other three Metal Gear Solids. some of the best boss battles in a while; gameplay, graphics, and sound are so immersive. i would've liked to have seen it run at 60fps also, but that's a minor gripe.

i caught myself a few times craning my neck trying to see more of the environment behind the frame of my tv....you really feel like you're there.

to truly enjoy what this game brings, you should play it on a big hdtv, with surround sound. started playing on my 26' tv with tv speakers the day i picked it up then decided to hook it up to the home theatre afterwards. huge difference. just like any movie, sound is half the experience with this game....Kojima didn't send this game to LucasArts to master the sound for nothing.

I speak with a bias. Metal Gear has been my favourite game since the NES days. It's the only game I've followed closely, and in my opinion the story in this franchise is the best in video gaming. As a longtime Metal Gear fan, all my expectations were met and surpassed.
Appreciate 0