05-08-2020, 06:51 PM   #31
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
I am resurrecting this thread from before the lockdown. Life was so much better then. But, soldier on and I am still looking at the June deadline of needing a car.

I've been running through various other alternatives in a different thread but since I decided the X3/GLC/Macan are all too small have circled back to this thread. Today I visited my BMW dealer to get a pre-inspection of my lease return. A little surprised I hope they don't ding me for. My return will be WELL under miles on return at about 24000 for a 36000 lease. Only issue with it is one tire had a large screw in it and I had to buy a replacement. The local tire store couldn't get the same brand (Eagles I think) for a while. So i bought a different equal in run flat and specs brand tire.

The inspector says they have an issue with different tires on the same axle. Well color me surprised since I called the dealership BEFORE I bought the replacement tire and was told an equal tire in specs was OK. We will see when I finally bring it in.

Since I was there I decided to visit the Porsche dealer next door. Literally a walk across the lot. I was going to look at the Macan on more time and again - too small. Looked at the Cayenne and realized that really is appealing.

They have a good salesman who when he noticed I like the Cayenne better and mentioned I like but don't like the price said "I have a 2019 just like this one with less than 2000 miles". Color me interested.

We took a nice test drive and yeah. I like it better than an X5. It truly handles better and has equal performance. And the interior is awesome (this had an upgraded interior with a lot of added options).

I looked at Carfax and it was sold new there in January. Someone turns over a lot of cars. Anyway, this is an update of my search. As of this instant if I was to buy a car it would be the Cayenne. It fits the needs and wants and used the price tag.
Curious, which trim Cayenne was it (base, S, hybrid, etc)?

I know that if you get an E-Hybrid you can get around $8k in rebates (dependent on state) and that more equipment is standard lowering the MSRP, although I imagine going used would still be cheaper.