05-10-2020, 10:06 AM   #34
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
Base comparison still stands. Base cayenne is underpowered compared to x5 40 with significantly less technology. On top of that it is grossly overpriced and does not lease well. 80 k is loaded x5 40 that can be lease for 900 a month if negotiated aggressively. Cayenne will be 90+ and double the lease
The example you are looking at at 75 k is a used car - different market. Used x5 will still be less expensive
Handling is similar when equally equipped. X5 needs to have m sport pack with m brakes and m adaptive suspension. More room in x5 as well
If you are looking at porsche money to -spend. Get an x5 m50
Thanks for that. In fact I agree with all of that. The comparison is a used 2019 Cayenne vs new X5. There is a price delta but I will also say I prefer the seating position and suspension of the Porsche. But, both are leaders in the clubhouse.

BTW, local dealer has several X5 50i available. I might have to see if they are really negotiating on these. Any reason I should not want one? And an MSRP of $80K I wonder if they are under specced with regard to desirable features.
Appreciate 0