Rep
Drives: 2016 340i | 2015 X5-50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFGuy_KCCO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatBoyG View Post
The factory hitch is nice and subtle, disappears with black. Works great with my Kuat bike rack.
You also lose the foot trunk open feature with a factory hitch not to mention it doesn't look great. I don't want one either way since I can't bike where I'm at. Stealth hitches are pretty nice because they're 100% hidden unless in use.
Wow, I knew that adding the hitch to the X3 meant no kick to open on the hatch, but I didn't realize this is the case with the X5, as well. If this is true, it takes the X5 completely off my list. I was already on the fence about the terrible gauges and poor map implementation in the cluster, so losing kick to open will seal it for me. Looks like the Q7 is in my future.
My in-laws have the Q7 Prestige, my parents just picked up the G5-40i M-Sport, both cars are great in their own ways, but there is just something too simple and missing about Audi. You just can't beat BMW, I wouldn't let a lack of kicking to open your hatch prevent you from getting a G05.

Having the map in the Instrument cluster is actually a massive distraction. I much prefer directions in the HUD or on the Control Display. Keep the Instrument cluster for vehicle parameters, not an entertainment screen. Gauge layout is actually really nice when you use it, incredibly responsive too.

Both hitch options are great IMO, we have a stealth hitch on our E70 and absolutely love it. By chance, is Stealth Hitch the old Invisihitch / Execuhitch from GA? The receiver looks 100% identical. Didn't know if they just re-branded or what the deal was.
Appreciate 0