Drives: 2022 X3MC BSM/SO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFGuy_KCCO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
Really? I have this option on G30. One of the options which does not work as it should and I stopped trying to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFGuy_KCCO View Post
Wow, I knew that adding the hitch to the X3 meant no kick to open on the hatch, but I didn't realize this is the case with the X5, as well. If this is true, it takes the X5 completely off my list. I was already on the fence about the terrible gauges and poor map implementation in the cluster, so losing kick to open will seal it for me. Looks like the Q7 is in my future.
It works perfectly on my lowly Touareg. Somehow, VW even figured out how to make it work with a factory hitch. Shocking, I know.

I use this feature all the time, so it is definitely a deal-breaker for me. You can all call me crazy if you'd like, but the fact is this is a nice feature to have and I use it on my current vehicle frequently. Every other car manufacturer has figured out how to do it with a factory hitch, so why can't BMW?
Except they didn't for Audi...
Interesting. So the same applies to the Q7: no kick to open with the factory hitch? Guess I'll be keeping the Touareg for much longer than I expected, which really isn't a problem as it has been perfect. It drives great and I've had zero issues in 30k miles. The wife will be happy, since she loves the Touareg and doesn't want to get rid of it.

Update: Did some research and found the Q7 does indeed offer the kick to open feature with the factory hitch. Not sure then what was meant by the "except they didn't for Audi" comment...
Appreciate 0