Thread: OTA in the USA
View Single Post
      06-24-2020, 04:09 PM   #49
eagle_bmw
First Lieutenant
United_States
159
Rep
398
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandomedic122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
What I meant was if dealer upgrade the car to at least 11/2019.70 then there's no way to verify my hypothesis. If the car stays at the current rev but dealer overwrites/revert to original FA then chances are it may get OTA notification (if my observation is correct). If not, he/she can validate the FA list and put back the original.
They actually had a hard time upgrading the software. I took it in Monday, and 4 hours later received a call that they were having problems with the software update. so the BMW tech decided to remove all power to the vehicle and let it sit over night. I was supposed to received it yesterday, but they messed up on my rear tire replacement (the put on the wrong size), and had to order the correct size. The steering column wasn't fixed, they ordered a new one from germany and will take about 2 weeks for them to get it, after that I will have to take it back in.
Sorry to hear about your experience Our little experiment is not important and can wait, if at all applicable once you get your car back.
__________________
2019 X5 40i M-Sport, 07/2020.25