GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pacey View Post
Awesome stuff Dude! Thx, I was actually looking for your recipe through the threads, so it very timely ��

Let's make this stick.
For sure! One thing I'd add is a quick bit of history on the why:

* 10 years ago I had a full garage set up: polishers, buckets, foam cannons, power washers, 1 billion lumens, etc
* Moved to multi-city living in condos, no garage, so used a detailer
* After a few of "the best" just wasn't getting my money's worth so switched to the method above & discovered it's WAY easier and gets better results than pro detailers for much less time and WAY less money

The next thing I'd add is the evolutions:

(1.) Optimum no rinse -> Mckee's 37
Works better, smells better

(2.) Sponges -> MFs -> great MFs like TRC's Everest -> Microfiber Madness's Incredipad (there's an XL version too)
The MM stuff for how I work is fantastic, but it's expensive, especially if you buy a bunch to stick with only one side per panel. Nevertheless, still WAY cheaper than using a detailer!

(3.) Wheelie Brushes -> Microfiber Madness' flat IncrediBrush
Yes it's spendy, but DAMN is this thing awesome: super durable, super comfy, super effective, super easy to get between wheel barrels & calipers and just built like brick shithouse. Having 2, one for each side, is an embarrassment of luxury. And clean up is easy: hose it down or wring it out as a final step and then pull off the cover and toss it in wash with your other dirty MF.

(4.) Lots of sealants, waxes, LSPs -> TW Flex Wax
It's just easy to apply, will easily last 3-6 weeks between washes, and if you do good prep for the basecoat and let that cure 24 hours, and then use it as a drying aid or topper it'll basically last forever. No need for spendy ceramic. And, let's say you're going on a date or wanna show off, but you just washed your car & did some flex wax a few days ago - then I'd use P & S Dream Maker; it'll only last a day or 3, but it's fun to use as an inbetween drying aid for real pop.
Appreciate 3
4ML INC65.50
3some!15.00