Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBrown View Post
I have heard that the genius hotline is excellent for things like this. Maybe your on-board sim just isn't setup right. I would give them a quick call and see what they can figure out. It seems like you have 0 connectivity which would explain all of this. You can also try rebooting the system by holding the volume button in until it reboots. That fixed quite a few things on mine. But the fact the SOS button doesn't work is bad and you should either go to the dealer or call the genius line to get that fixed! Hope it is something quick!
I don't think the genius hotline is available to Canadian customers. The SOS button does now initiate a call to BMW Assist, but the other connectivity issues were still there last time I checked. The car is now with the detailer having a ceramic coating done (and correcting some really bad detailing / paint issues that I didn't notice at delivery), so I'm hoping it's resolved itself by the time I get it tomorrow morning.

Oddly, the car spontaneously rolled all of its windows down and opened the sunroof when it was parked this morning. This was the status that was showing yesterday when I was able to log in to the Connected app (car unlocked, windows open), so I wonder if them reinitiating the connection to the car caused this. The BMW Assist button worked when I got back into the car after this had happened.