View Single Post
      01-26-2019, 11:30 AM   #85
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stomachdoc View Post
So I dropped the car off at the dealer. The service manager says that there are already two software updates for the car that need to be installed and he feels that should fix the dead iDrive controller/height adjustment/Offroad switch part of the the center control area. Why they wouldn't have done software updates as part of the pre-delivery process last week is a mystery to me.....

To me it looks like an electrical problem, but what do I know?

Gave me a 2019 540i loaner. It's amazing how dated the interior of the 5 looks compared to the X-5.

The service manager thinks we will be back in our X-5 on Monday. We'll see....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stomachdoc View Post
So I dropped the car off at the dealer. The service manager says that there are already two software updates for the car that need to be installed and he feels that should fix the dead iDrive controller/height adjustment/Offroad switch part of the the center control area. Why they wouldn't have done software updates as part of the pre-delivery process last week is a mystery to me.....

To me it looks like an electrical problem, but what do I know?

Gave me a 2019 540i loaner. It's amazing how dated the interior of the 5 looks compared to the X-5.

The service manager thinks we will be back in our X-5 on Monday. We'll see....
I own a 540 and absolutely love it. Everything is easy to use and car handles like a sport. Put your 540 loaner in sport plus and you will see difference from a big suv. I was going to trade in my lexus for X5 but I am now going to wait until next year.
Appreciate 0