View Single Post
      11-15-2019, 05:26 AM   #9
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e M Sport

I just heard today that my order (late July) is being put together at the plant right now. The news about the fire is just about the last thing you'd like to learn of while waiting for a new expensive car. We don't know the cause for some time and it's useless to guess but when you have your own car coming it's hard not to speculate.

Had they built a million G05 hybrids, you'd allow for a number of cars to malfunction somehow at some point. But they've only built a few thousand at most and all of them are still being broken in! Self-ignition sounds really bad to me although lives are rarely lost in this kind of accidents. Erroneous design, defective manufacturing, flawed quality control, what else?!

Taking a deep breath, I think we can only wait for the cause to be investigated and then expect and demand BMW to communicate properly and to do everything needed to prevent this from ever happening again, it if is their fault.

After a second or third case of fire I would really start to worry, but now I am looking forward to taking delivery in about two months -- and hopefully we are all wiser about this by then.
Appreciate 1
2REP20.50