darkchocolattemocha
Registered
Rep
Drives: ‘19 330xi|’20 X3 M40i|’22 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitkn View Post
Exact same issue - tried to get ParkMobile to work with myBMW - got the same error message as others "Couldn't establish a connection to BMW at the moment"

Seems like there is some transition / maintenance in progress at the ParkMobile side of the interface

This will be one more really cool feature once it works .. just switched from 10+ years of leasing 7 Teslas to BMW i .. am blown away by the quality of the vehicle and the driving experience (I used to lease M5/B7s before, still have an i8 that I utterly adore). Making all the pieces of the software work takes more effort than most people will have the time / patience / technical aptitude for .. I get how hard it is to have an moderately open platform for third party apps .. you're judged by the quality of the worst performer .. ParkMobile needs to get their act tougher and BMW needs better vetting / user experience requirements for third parties ..

Not that anyone asked .. but a decade plus of living / breathing with tech that almost always "just works" sets a high bar .. we don't wake up every morning to fuss with and troubleshoot badly designed / operated software ..
Park Mobile is a frustrating one as until recently it was owned by BMW...

It hasn't been extremely unreliable. It worked for a year or so then never again in my 3 years of ownership. A shame as it was great when it worked as Philly is a Park Mobile city.
Better off using parkmobile on your smartphone. Log in with your BMW ConnectedDrive account. Don't bother with the iDrive app.
Appreciate 0