View Single Post
      01-18-2020, 01:01 PM   #58
Jazztr
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
I got this message 3 or four times in my AM commute. The 30 second reboot seemed to clear it for the remainder of the morning drive.

I searched but could not locate a previous thread so perhaps someone knows where this post should best be located.
I have been to the dealer 3 times with this same issue. I quoted this forum and asked the dealer to check the shark fin however, the dealer stated that they checked for erosion and there was none. I had an oil change about two months later and the next the day the error showed up again. I specifically asked again for the dealership to check the TCB Unit and they stated they did however, I received an odd message while I was at work. The service manager stated that while changing the TCB Unit and the while trying to reprogram it nothing worked and that's when they discovered the sever corrosion of the antenna assembly , which I asked them to check months before, based on the data from this site.

I asked the maintenance person, why is this just being found when I asked for this check months ago, well there was only the standard "I understand how you feel " but this is the second new X5 I have had issues with and I have only had two, a 2015 and a 2019. My trust in the BMW brand along with my trust in their closed ear approach to customers is starting to have me look at other options for my future driving machine needs.

I am highly disappointed in the fact that there has been no bulletins out for this issue and there is a lack of acknowledgement of a problem and the lack of response to customer complaints all over the internet in reference to a brand new vehicle. I understand there are bugs with anything new however, the lack of action is mind blowing.
Appreciate 0