View Single Post
      06-11-2023, 07:51 AM   #9
socialpro1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi, Bmw, Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin Montego View Post
absolutely not true. high end SUVs like this move super slow when used. I've had my 2020 F95 with less than 2k miles on Autotrader for 2 months. Only 2 inquiries from not so serious people so far.

Cars in general are moving much much slower with the interest rates where they are at.
It can sometimes be geographic as well, as well as other factors. Interest rates definitely play a factor, but to a point.

Here are my .02c regarding the listing, although I might be WRONG on all points!!

This is just one man's perspective.

-----------------------------------------

I've been following the X5M private party market for a bit and see *most* of them turn over quickly (some sell while I was debating on them). I'm not sure if I've seen a single one sit 2 months + yet. This also goes for RSQ8, RS6 and other high end cars I look at daily.

So I decided to pull up your ad...to see exactly what was up here.

The choice of mods is definitely deterring many potential buyers, between the wrap / wheels it really is looking for a specific candidate on TOP of them wanting an X5M, which already narrows the market. Accessories don't necessarily benefit the potential buyer either.

The year/mileage ratio (with your price) is potentially also a strong deterrent making it sit longer on the market. While some people might pay the premium for a low mileage car, yours is priced beyond the top of the market (you have highest priced 2020 in country by wide margin). I'd personally look for a 22/23 in that price point. I assume the car is also coming out of warranty in the near future being a 2020.

Additionally, your phone number is nowhere to be found in the ad. Autotrader today makes it very complicated to contact private party sales, and messages sometimes get lost or not communicated to potential buyers.

Do you have it listed anywhere else? I typically list on ebay, craigslist, autotrader and offerup on day one for the most exposure. Much to my surprise I have sold *many* of my luxury cars by my buyers finding me on ebay (which is quite surprising). I also try to include a video of the car as well (link to youtube or such). Presentation is everything.

-----------------------------------------

I have been switching out my last few daily drivers every few months and haven't had any issues selling my previous cars privately quick, all up to around $100K (for reference I'm in Phoenix, AZ).

I'm sure you will find your target buyer - but looking at where you are situating the car in the market, I don't believe its the X5M market that's the problem here -- I believe it's all the points above that are slowing things down quite a bit.

Last edited by socialpro1; 06-11-2023 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
vitipr171.00