06-12-2023, 08:12 AM   #12
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by socialpro1 View Post
With severe car ADD / flipping car's often + following many car markets — I definitely more or less nailed down the formula for what to buy and how/when to sell.

I purchase almost every car now, assuming I will be selling it in 3-6 months (some stayed longer). I think about the SELL even when I buy (what options / colors / mileage / warranty) etc will prospective buyers want. This method of purchasing / holding cars and mindset isn't for everyone but it allowed me to indulge in my hobby without crushing the wallet.

Typically when I see a listing I immediately know if it'll be on market for a while or take some time to sell...

P.S. I picked up an X5 M50i a month ago and already shopping for my next ride (X7 M50i / M60i OR SQ7).

I live by the moto 'So many cars...so little time....'

Glad the wife is supportive, on most occasions.
I have a friend does this but with new leased cars since in California, you have to pay sales tax of around 8% on any car purchase (but not a lease). So buying/selling used here only works like this if you have a dealers' license.

Curious what would you price mine at if you were selling and lived in Southern California: 2021 X5M comp dravit on sahkir? No other options besides comp, has the 809 wheels with PZeros, clean Carfax including all maint at BMW dealer. No PPF so there are some rock chips in tbe front and on the lower rocker. Not sure if it matters but there are very few for sale within 100 miles and most are donington or black. No dravits anywhere near me. Thx.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0