10-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #40
smovva
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniss View Post
Got more news from SA. My entire headliner soaked, and they found a culprit. The tube in the drain loops up instead of sitting straight and causes water to back up in the head liner. The tube is not sitting right so when it's cold the water freezes and gets backed up. There is an advanced bulletin out for it and it's not the first occurrence.

I had to open a case with bmwna and after several days I got a call from my dealer and it seems they are looking to replace my car. While I wait for the new one to be build they will let me use their loaner. Should I ask for anything else ? Does that seem like a decent deal ? What about my inconvenience?
Bleh. Moon roof leak today in May 2019 build X5 m40i. Was able to take it straight to the dealer and drop it off while its still leaking. Water dripping down from the driver side mic. Car has been through many a torrential Florida downpour in the 5 months i've owned it and first time it started leaking. Car is garaged or covered parking so no chance of debris blocking drain tubes etc. OP mentioned a service bulletin about this issue: anyone know what the bulletin number/description is? Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Last edited by smovva; 10-08-2019 at 08:28 AM..
Appreciate 1
MissVito216.50