View Single Post
      07-06-2019, 05:42 PM   #4
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Very cool! Can you please summarize your import experience? I want to import a VW Grand California 680 4MOTION.
Well, I'm probably not going to tell you what you want to hear. I read tons of stories online from folks who said it was super easy and had no problem. I also read tons from folks who got completely F'd by the whole process. In the end I decided it wasn't worth my time to try to save a few bucks so I specifically found an importer/dealer who was able to locate what I wanted, import it into the country, and sell it to me fully titled with an Oregon state title. All I have to do it roll into the DMV and register it in my name. The convenience of it all costs money, but at this point in my life I have more of that that I have time or patience.

One thing to keep in mind is that my van is an '89. Anything 25 years or older can be imported legally, with relative ease. If it's less than 25 years old and was never sold here, good luck. You'll be breaking Federal law by bringing it into the country.

Last edited by DETRoadster; 07-06-2019 at 06:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00