View Single Post
      07-08-2019, 02:58 PM   #18
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Dude! That thing is bad ass!!! I see it and instantly see a winch and a light bar adorning the top.

Does yours have the windows on the roof like this one?

https://www.curbed.com/2019/5/6/1853...shi-delica-4x4
Thanks!!!

The winch would be awesome but requires pretty extensive modification to the front end. That brush guard is securely mounted to the frame, but the frame is somewhat flimsy stamped steel. I could probably get away with a small winch to pull small things but a real winch to pull the whole 6,000 pound van out of a mud hole would require extensive engineering work!

I'm torn on the roof rack and lamps. I love the look but right now it will just barely fit in my garage for service. I lose that with the rack and/or light bar.

Mine is a flat top roof. The one in that image is the optional "crystal light" roof. They are super cool and pretty easy to find, BUT, they are highly prone to leaking. We looked at a couple (the wife really wanted one) and they all had water stained headliners and smelled musty/funky. One was so bad it set me off into a sneezing attack and my wife started coughing uncontrollably. Found a bunch of black mold under the carpet in the back. No good.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00