GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVito View Post
this is making me nervous now! The shop owner says it won't be noticeable. We'll see. I'm getting PPF for the full front, A pillars and front of moonroof, rocker panels and I think behind wheel wells + ceramic coating. They'll have my baby 4-5 days I may chicken-out on the PPF. Maybe I can see one in person... I really don't want to spend 10K on all this stuff...
Purely my preference in your case, assuming you don't do a lot of dirt road driving, I'd do full ceramic and skip the PPF - and this because I used to be a detail nut (RO polisher, menzerna, glaze, etc) and I'd do weekly 2 bucket washes and quarterly clay, polish, wax), but now I don't have the time or space to do all that.

The PPF is nice because it skips having to see all the pits and scratches when you're close up claying and detailing, and saves the occasional highway scars. The ceramic is nice because it makes spray off washing possible, bugs easier to remove, etc.

So if you're looking to have a fairly easy to maintain car that usually looks pretty great, then ceramic will give you that - you just need to be prepared for a trip to the detailer if you get any damage that requires paintwork and it does need to be refreshed once a year depending.

Anyway, that's why I'd go ceramic: bang for the buck and lower hassle without the risk of mismatched panels.

Here's my tanz from today, 3 years old, 15k miles - some european, no PPF or ceramic. Close up it has some swirls, pits, and spider webbing, but overall still not bad if I wanted to go PPF or ceramic I still easily could, so you can always wait.

Appreciate 3
scotchy210.00
MissVito205.50