View Single Post
      10-16-2020, 10:01 AM   #342
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
my friend this is my personal point of view..
i dont think people who posts here hates Max at least most of them.. in a nutshell.. they re telling Lewis Hamilton is a much much better driver than Max fans think and providing proof of some points.. thats all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
It has been stated that Alonso joined McLaren on the understanding that he would be their #1 driver.
If Hamilton had been told by McLaren to let Alonso by every time he was ahead in a race then Alonso/McLaren would have walked the 2007 DWC.
Or vice versa if Alonso had moved over for Hamilton in the same way then he would have won the DWC easily before Brazil.
There is quite a strong case for having a strict #1 driver and #2 driver hierarchy in an F1 team.
i agree with that hierarchy but i guess that idea started be questioned right after first corner of Melbourne that year..

and i dont know if you re a fan of Alonso but i believe in his speed and talent part its clear.. but he was a tough person to communicate.. ego wise in recent years starting after he left Renault.. i guess this played some role in 2007 as well.. at least for now he seems like a different person.. which is really cool.. will see next year..