View Single Post
      11-23-2020, 05:20 PM   #24
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
How do you like the GT3 vs the 458? I have a GT4 + E92 SC M3 in my stable and have been considering a GT3 or 458 to upgrade the GT4 to.
powertrains are similar. the GT3 and 458, despite having a 60hp difference on paper, actually have similar dyno numbers with the GT3 edging it out slightly. same with 1/4 mile numbers.

The 458 does have a better torque curve thanks to that extra 1/2 liter displacement. It also feels geared shorter to take advantage of that extra torque down low.

sound is subjective, i think both sound really good. the GT3 sounds better up top, the 458 has a better growl down low. To be fair i bought my 458 with an exhaust already on it.

handling wise the 458 does very well. the front end dives in and there is almost zero understeer. But the rack is very over assisted compared to porsche who probably have the best steering in the game. haven't had a chance to push the GT3 on the same roads yet.

Comfort goes to the ferrari. the comfort mode handles bumps better than the GT3. The cabin is roomier. the carbon buckets recline too.

build quality / tech goes to porsche by a mile

in terms of drama and theater...thats where ferrari shines. You can see the intake manifold in your rearview mirror. the engine is right behind your back. its lower and wider than the GT3 and feel like your in a go-kart. everyone will think you're a millionaire and be snapping photos of you in the 458. Its nice for a while but gets old soon.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 1