View Single Post
      03-29-2020, 10:31 AM   #166
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
It astounds me how people under-estimate this virus, and the value of economies and cars over life. Enough said.
I don't really underestimate it. I haven't left the house for 2 weeks now
Priority is survival and for modern man that's impossible without a running economy. Modern farmers won't farm very long if everything shuts down for months. All industries are interwoven. By products from industry x are essential for industry y.

I have bills and mortgages to pay. I'm no doctor, nurse and I don't work in the food supply chain. If this takes very long and everything shuts down for months on a row many people will have a serious problem. I already have much less work than 2 weeks ago. How many times can a government inject billions and billons? I don't think they can do that every 6 months.

There is definitely a need to seek a very good balance between the two so the cure becomes not worse than the outbreak.
The economy must reorganise itself. Mass events, restaurants, parties, ... forbidden for now. We must change the way we interact with other people. But any other work can go on with very strict rules, testing, social distancing and common sense. And everybody must apply those rules. The world must reboot with this virus loaded and not go in shutdown. And wait for the virusscanner update But in the meantime trying to keep everything running as good as possible.
Appreciate 0