06-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #16
cuban335i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblack4083 View Post
Since when does BMW make dedicated track cars? Especially a car as big as the M5... the car is made for professionals who want to go fast whenever they're not on the job, and nothing else. The commercial sucks but I think a lot of the people on this website miss the point of the car itself. Sure it was tested on the ring but of course the reason is that they need to make sure it can hold up even in the most extreme situation. It wasn't tested on the ring with intentions of it actually being a track car.
I never said that it is a dedicated track car, I just said that due to the fact that they know 99% of people won't track it, they take a different approach when advertising it. You misunderstood me, obviously I know that a 4100lb, 190+ inch long sedan isn't supposed to be a track car lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umcool911ok View Post
I wouldn't be so sure of that percentage! There are numerous people on M5board that track their M5. I don't doubt that many are going to make the changeover to the F10. I myself will not be "upgrading" to the F10 because I just can't get enough of the V10!
M5Board is a very small percentage of M5 owners though, and on top of that I doubt all of the users on M5 board actually track their M5, they may just like modding it. I still stand by my claim that 99% of M5 owners don't track them.
'12 e92 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo - ADV.1 ADV10, Volk TE37SL, OSS, Innotech F1, Arkym, iND
'09 e92 335i Alpine White/Saddle Brown - fully modded
Appreciate 0